In my Algebra 1 and 8th grade classes we will be extending our learning by exploring the monetary success or failure of companies in the stock market. Students will report on three companies (listed below) and then explore a fourth on their own.
Questions to answer:
– What was the maximum price of the stock in the last 5 years?
– What was the minimum price of the stock in the last 5 years?
– What is the range between the minimum and maximum prices over the last 5 years?
– Does the graph showing the price of the stocks over time represent a function? Why or why not?
– If you had 5 shares of the stock five years ago and kept them, would have you made money or lost money? How much?
– If you had 5 shares of the stock today, would you sell it or keep it to see what happens? Explain.